Monday, 30 December 2013

Fasting- Day 1, 2 and 3

I started fasting the day after Boxing Day, quite suitable after Christmas really. Like I said in my last post, I'm not sure how long I'll fast for but if I continue the entire time I'm away that would make it 20 days maximum. My last one was 26 days but I didn't feel fantastic so I'm going for a shorter time period and really focusing on regaining my health.

I know I said I'm trying to stay away from the scales, but when you're fasting they can be great motivation so I've been weighing myself twice a day... having said that, if it starts to get to me I'll stop.

Day 1 am: 86.7 kg
Day 1 pm: 85.2 (-1.5)
Day 2 am: 84.6 (-2.1) <--- 2 kgs in 1 day! Can you say BLOATED?! Salt is the devil.
Day 2 pm: 84.2 (-2.5)
Day 3 am: 83.5 (-3.2)
Day 3 pm: 83.4 (-3.3)
Day 4 am: 82.9 (-3.8)

Day 1 (27/12/13)
I felt shocking this morning. I slept from 11pm to 11 am and still feel absolutely shattered. My hayfever is horrid, I've gone through about 2 inches of tissues and breathing feels like such an effort. This has been the norm for a few weeks now and I've been resorting to antihistamines which I dislike. I know I just need to eat super clean but it's easier said than done. I've been lying low and taking naps today, I'm so exhausted. Generally I sleep badly, it takes me ages to get to sleep (sometimes I just don't) and when I do I dream a lot and kick and toss and turn. I found it even harder than usual to get to sleep... just feeling alert for some reason? Perhaps its detox ending :D

Day 2 (28/12/13)
Just keep drinking, just keep drinking, drinking, la la la la (bonus points if you can guess the tune, hint: dory) Water, tea, juice, mineral water, I've been sip sip sipping all day.
I'm feeling GREAT! Yay for no more detox symptoms. I've got more energy, my sinuses are amazingly clear! Talk about quick results. I'm alert and feeling so much better overall. My stomach doesn't ache, my dermatitis is healing and they hay fever symptoms are way less. Still not sleeping well though, lots of tossing and turning.

Day 3 (29/12/13)
I'm progressing well, the weight/water is leaving, slowing as expected now but I'm feeling so so much better than before. Today was the first day I exerted myself, walking and carrying heavy shopping home which may have been a bit much. Having said that I managed to watch my other half eat veggie dumplings and fried tofu for lunch, sit through a movie full of people eating popcorn, ice cream, lollies etc then watch while my husband ate a burger and chips for dinner... I sipped tea. Everything smells so much more intense now. I think this is what you can definitely call 'true hunger'. I'm really looking forward to a nice salad and some veggies when I start eating again.


I'm heading down to the beach (Torquay) today (day 4)- fingers crossed I'll have internet access so I can continue to update you but it was quite dodgy last trip. If all else fails I can always drive to maccas and use their internet (at least they're good for one thing!)

Hope you're all well and happy,
Love and Smiles,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...